Thursday, November 22, 2012

Incendies (4.5)




(Trailer) 

2010 drama/mystery film by Denis Villeneuve. This is based on one of my favourite award winning plays - Scorched by Wajdi Mouawad.

In order to fulfill their mothers last wishes, twins travel to the Middle East to find their unknown father and brother.

I feel as though everyone should watch this movie. Not only is the story incredible but it has never been said before (as far as I know). The truth...it's unbelievable and incredible but ultimately powerful.

It's almost impossible for me to review this because it is a really powerful story and is hard to put into words.

The performances were great (Lubna Azabal and Melissa Desormeaux-Poulin especially). The adaptation from play to film was bang on. The intensity and emotional connection was intacted. It's drama and stories of war at it's greatest and most disturbed.

The only down side of seeing the movie after watching the play is that I knew the ending which is important not to know - you need to figure it out at the same time as the characters. I also remember the on stage actors and felt more connected to everything while watching it on stage so I feel extremely bias.

If you want to be shaken and your boundaries of understanding tested then this is the drama for you. Regardless, everyone should watch this. I've never seen anything like it.

4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...