Monday, November 12, 2012

Pina (3)



(Trailer) 

2011 documentary by Wim Wenders about the late Pina Bausch with performances of her famous creations by her dancers.

If you are interested in dance, visual arts or enjoy theatre you will most likely enjoy this. If not, you may find it hard to grasp or that there isn't much to grasp on to.

My background in theatre made me appreciate this documentary. I thought the dances and dancers were powerful, beautiful, frightening and strange all at the same time. My favourite part of this whole movie, besides the individual dancers personal dances off stage, was the individual dancers explanation of Pina and what she meant to them.

Very inspirational. I did think that the start was a bit slow and I would love to see these dances in full, on stage and in person...but you can't have it all. Also, then the movie would have been 5 hours long (give or take).

Enjoyed it. Wouldn't say it's an easy watch for those not prepared or interested in modern dance, but I liked it.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...