Saturday, November 10, 2012

Safety Not Guaranteed (3.8)




(Trailer)

2012 romance/scf-fi/comedy by director Colin Trevorrow about three magazine writers from Seattle who look into a story about a man who is seeking a partner to time travel with.

This movie isn't really about time travel, it's about people. It's about regrets, secrets and desires. It's about the past and the present and how each person is responsible for where they are and where they are going. It's also about love.

I wasn't sure if I liked this movie but by the end of it I was on board. I think it was because I thought that it was going to be a completely different movie. It was far more quirky and strange than I thought it would be but in the end it was a refreshing, original movie. It wasn't laugh out loud funny but it was a bit of dark comedy.

I liked it. Very different. Strange but heart warming at the same time. You just have to stick it out for a bit while the beginning warms up and by the end you might be grinning like an idiot like I was.

It's actually really hard to give this a rating because I had no idea where this movie was going for the first half and it wasn't until the second half that I began to invest in the characters...

3.8/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...