Monday, November 12, 2012

Savages (3.5)



(Trailer) 

2012 action/crime/drama by Oliver Stone brings us the story of independent pot growers in California who turn down an offer from the Mexican cartel only to have their girlfriend kidnapped and are forced to take violent action to get her back.

This movie has a great cast: Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass), Taylor Kitsch (John Carter), John Travolta (Hairspray), Salma Hayek (Puss in Boots), Benicio Del Toro (The Wolfman), Emile Hirsch (The Darkest Hour) and Blake Lively (The Green Lantern).

I liked the script and enjoyed the many layers and different characters. I generally liked everyone's performance. I still don't know if I liked the ending but I did like how it surprised me when they switched it up.

This movie is good by all standards but for some reason it didn't rock my socks. I watched the whole thing with interest but not with intensity or heightened excitement. While it was nice to see both Aaron and Taylor's well formed butts, I wasn't able to break through the proverbial fourth wall. By all means I should have, and this movie is right up my alley, but it didn't take me as far as I wanted it to.

Still a good watch and I liked it a lot. Just not enough to need to watch it again any time soon.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...