Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (3)



(Trailer) 

2012 drama/romance by Lorene Scafaria.

Two very different people meet each other 3 weeks before the end of the world and begin to fall in love as they help each other get to where they need to go before they die.

I saw the trailer for this and thought it would be interesting. I'm not sure if I ever saw commercials or posters around for this movie though and I'm not sure why.

This was an unexpected romance movie with two strange characters and a look at humanity when facing certain death. There was even some comedy thrown in which was good.

I liked the romance aspect because it wasn't too much and seemed to happen naturally during the movie. I liked the characters because they were different and weird enough to evoke interest. I actually liked Keira Knightley (A Dangerous Method) more than Steve Carell (Crazy Stupid Love) but I think it was more due to my response to their characters and not their performances.

I liked this movie but honestly didn't find it anything special. It was a nice take on the whole end of the world scenario. I just didn't find myself becoming too attached. I did like how they didn't cop out at the end and went through with the end of the world...I was worried they would wake up and find out the asteroid missed them.

An easy watch but didn't cause any deep thoughts once the credits rolled.

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...