Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Campaign (3)



(Trailer) 

2012 comedy by director Jay Roach.

Two very different candidates run for congress in North Carolina but only one will win.

Zach Galifianakis (Due Date, The Hangover Part II)  is quickly becoming my favourite comedian. I have liked him in everything he has done and the trend continues. This guy cracks me up! Keep it up!

I will also admit that I liked Will Ferrell (The Other Guys) more in this movie than I have in years. That being said, he still doesn't do it for me. I understand why people like him but I have been over it for a long time. He needs a fresh take on his act or will fade away.

The script was surprisingly decent and consistent. It wasn't over flowing with comedy so that you didn't have time to work out the characters and it kept things at face value. The ending was too drawn out though and a bit sloppy. They tried to fit too much heart and emotion after all of the comedy and it didn't work. They tried to force the entire thing with music but that just made it worse.

I liked it way more than I thought I would but I only burst out laughing a few times and was generally entertained for the rest.

Bonus: John Lithgow (Rise of the Planet of the Apes).

3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...