Monday, December 3, 2012

Premium Rush (4)



(Trailer) 

This 2012 action/thriller by director David Koepp brings us the story of how one NYC bike courier runs into trouble with a dirty cop who is interested in the envelope he is trying to deliver.

There are many things in life that I love. One of those things is action movies. The other is cycling.

And goddammit I loved this movie.

The first and (as far as I know) only bike action movie. I thought that the action was amazing. They packed this movie with intensity, tension, suspense and excitement. It's fast paced and raw. It was original and amazing.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Hesher, Looper) delivers once again. Nothing bad to ever say about him. Michael Shannon (Take Shelter) was also great in this movie, as usual.

I was surprised by how much I liked all the supporting cast as well, especially Dania Ramirez. They added humour here and there which was a nice break from all the action. I also liked how they included a pinch of romance but just enough to make the characters seem more relatable and add that lovely layer of emotional connection.

Sure, if you strip this movie down the script was a little rough. The plot is there to support everything else that is going on and not the other way around and for action movies this is a good trick. It worked for this film.

If you don't like bikes or enjoy cycling it might be hard to understand this movie. The action is only believable if you can insert yourself into the situations and characters. Which I could. This for me was a wild ride that I will not soon forget.

Check it out.

4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...