Friday, December 14, 2012

The Bourne Legacy (4)



(Trailer) 

2012 action/adventure by director Tony Gilroy.

This movie has received some pretty awful reviews so I put off seeing it. Now I wish that I had seen it in the theatres so I could get more out of the awesome action scenes.

True, Jeremy Renner's (The Avengers, Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol) character is not remotely as emotional as Jason Bourne. Therefore, he was hard to relate to or overly care if he would survive or not. There wasn't a lot of emotional connection and the back story was never fully given.

What made this movie better for me, besides Rachel Weisz (The Brothers Bloom, The Mummy)who I love in everything, was the back story of him since becoming a part of the operation. I liked seeing the process of him from soldier to where he ends up. I liked seeing further into the system and how the 'subjects' are treated and moulded into perfect soldiers.

Most important of all was that the action was good. Motorcycles and running and cars and guns and fist fights in all forms of weather in different countries with explosions and everything else you could hope for. Watch this movie for the action and not for the characters. I will admit that Jason Bourne was more interesting therefore the first three movies are more suspenseful this movie still impressed me.

I suppose you have to watch it to find out. I knew it wasn't going to be like the last movies so maybe that's why I liked it so much. Go in with an open mind and you might love it. The action is worth it.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...