Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vegucated (3)



(Trailer) 

2012 documentary by Marisa Miller Wolfson about 3 meat and dairy loving Americans who adopt a vegan diet for six weeks to see if they can live a healthier lifestyle.

As a new vegan (1+ years) I have researched the topic in all forms and documentaries are a really good way to start learning and see real life cases of how much your diet affects your life.

I am still not sure if I liked how the movie starts out. The director/writer and also narrator attacks the issue with humour that for me ruined the seriousness that is this topic. They tried to make it a comedy but I don't mind factory farming funny.

I also couldn't get over how rough the footage was. I don't understand why they couldn't have rented a higher definition or more professional camera because it was a bit distracting and once again took away from the seriousness of the doc by looking like a high school project. I know that shouldn't matter but it does to movie watchers.

I liked the challenge and how she picked different people from different backgrounds, genders and ages. I liked how they had their own personal reflections and showed their vegan process regardless of the outcome.

I am a big fan of the doc Forks Over Knives. That is the movie that convinced me to stick with my vegan diet. Watch that if you like this movie. It's more informative and fact based than this movie. Everyone should learn about animal based diets though and this is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...