Monday, January 7, 2013

Django Unchained (4.5)



(Trailer) 

2012 action/drama/western by Quentin Tarantino (Inglorius Basterds).

A slave is freed and with the help of his new bounty hunter mentor and friend he finds his wife and tries to free her.

Wow. Jamie Foxx (Due Date). I will never say another bad thing about you ever. He was beyond fantastic in this role. He settled right in and filled every pore of this character. Fantastic!

I've always loved Christoph Waltz (Inglorius Basterds, Carnage). I have liked him in every single movie I have seen him in. He is a brilliant actor and deserves so much credit and respect. My favourite thing about him is the scenes where he is just sitting across from someone talking about every day things...but he does it in a way that gives me shivers. Very rare and very impressive, Sir. Keep it coming.

Leonardo DiCaprio (J. Edgar, Shutter Island) was interesting in this role. I have also always liked him and I enjoy how he is still finding roles that test him and push his talents. He seemed to be very comfortable in this role and I enjoyed him in this movie.

I am a big Quentin Tarantino fan. I will admit that I do not absolutely cherish every film he has ever made. Every great director should try different genres and styles in order to expand and that is why I respect every movie he has ever made. I may not like them all, but you cannot deny that every one of his films adds an extra layer to cinema that very few are reaching. I guess the easiest way to explain what I mean by that is that within the first 15 minutes of a movie you know if it's a Tarantino film or not.

While this movie didn't completely rock my life like a few of his other films, it still blew me away. The action is flawless, as always. The only bad thing I can say about this movie is that I felt they could've edited a few of the longer scenes and landscape shots so that the pace wasn't so back and forth all the time...but that's sort of Tarantino's style so whatever.

I am sure when I see it again that I will give it a 5 but for now...

Bonus: Samuel L. Jackson (The Sunset Limited).

Extra bonus: Comedy that only Tarantino can write. I don't want to give spoilers but I'll leave it there. There are some hilarious parts in this movie.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...