Thursday, January 10, 2013

On the Road (2)



(Trailer) 

2012 drama by Walter Salles.

The intensity, passion and struggles from the book were not meant to be made into a movie. You cannot ever replace the written internal struggle of a character. It's not for lack of trying but, especially regarding this novel, it doesn't translate to screen.

It was long. It was kind of boring. The changes from hope to destruction and back was lost for the reason explained above.

Sam Riley (Control), Kristen Stewart (Snow White and the Huntsman) and Garrett Hedlund (TRON) were good in the roles but without a deeper look into what they were thinking they weren't convincing. Wasn't their fault though.

I know I'm being harsh but I wanted more from this movie. The book is a life changing read and I feel that the movie should've left me with the same feeling but all it really left me with was slight boredom and disappointment.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...