Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pitch Perfect (3.8)



(Trailer) 

2012 comedy/musical by director Jason Moore brings the hilarious story of an all female acapella group who will do anything to win.

DO NOT think of this movie as Glee but for the big screen. The trailer is really misleading. I saw it back in the day and rolled my eyes and thought "what a load of garbage" but it's actually a really great movie. I was surprised by how much I liked it.

I really like Anna Kendrick (50/50, Twilight). I was surprised to see her in a movie like this until I realized that the movie wasn't what I thought it was. She was funny. She was great. I look forward to seeing her in more movies in the future.

The comedy is golden. I was bursting with laughter over and over again. Rebel Wilson was perfection, she cannot do anything without making me laugh.

I liked the singing and the choreography. For the genre, it's one of the best I have seen. I liked how they kept the scenes were realistic and the songs weren't there just to be there. I mean, it is a musical, but not in the classic sense. They were singing because they were in competitions and not because someone had broken up with them. I liked that. They also kept the fancy stuff to the competitions and didn't transition into big rig lighting setups and costumes unless it made sense.

Still. It was a bit cheesy at times. I wasn't convinced of the romance in the movie either. They didn't have a lot of chemistry together.

The best thing about this movie is that the next day I am still thinking about it and still grinning from the jokes. I also feel the need to dance or sing but I think that's pretty normal. I think...

3.8/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...