Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Seven Psychopaths (3.5)



(Trailer) 

2012 comedy/crime film by director Martin McDonagh.

An alcoholic writer let's his friend help him with his new story. Little does he know that he may already the know the characters he creates.

I was looking forward to this movie for a very long time. It looked like an original and quirky comedy which is something films are sorely lacking these days.

I got what I wanted for 3/4 of the movie but the ending just goes wayyy off to left field and never comes back. I am sure there was a hidden metaphor or something, which I sort of got, but not enough to find the explosion of nonsense funny.

The cast is the main reason to watch. Colin Farrell, Sam Rockwell, Christopher Walken, Woody Harrelson and even Tom Waits has a short appearance. It was an all-star cast and I loved watching them in a comedy together.

Original script. Really funny from (mostly) start to finish. It's bizarre, weird and just plain strange but definitively worth a watch. Haven't seen a movie quite like it before and I'm sure I never will again.

Does it deserve the award nominations it has received: yes. Will it win: probably not. Sad fate of most comedies.

3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...