Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Silver Linings Playbook (4.5)



(Trailer) 

2012 drama/romance/comedy by writer/director David O. Russell.

In an attempt to win back his wife after he is released from a short stay in a mental institution, Pat befriends Tiffany and an unlikely friendship is born.

What was a surprise for me was that Jennifer Lawrence (The Hunger Games, Winters Bone) completely matched Bradley Cooper (Limitless, The Hangover Part II). Both of their performances were beyond spectacular. I always loved Bradley Cooper and honestly think he deserve more credit than he gets. Jennifer Lawrence was stunning...blew me out of the water. I couldn't even believe it was the same people that I had seen before. They were in their element in this film and I think that really came through in their chemistry. Nailed it. Completely nailed it. I was blown away and I want some damn awards for these amazing performances.

Script was great. Supporting cast was beyond great: Robert De Niro (Limitless, Killer Elite), Chris Tucker, Julia Stiles and everyone involved.

My emotions were very intense and so confused during the entire movie. I was laughing to the point of tears and than literally 3 seconds later I would be crying in sadness. I do not think that I have ever seen such a smooth yet heat breaking transition from one feeling to another before. It wasn't a roller coaster, it was a well paced and perfectly delivered romantic, dark comedy. Just brilliant.

They lost me for a bit near the middle though. It felt a little rushed or maybe just a bit clumsy for some reason but by the time I was about to figure out why they had sucked me back in and I completely forgot why I started to feel like I was losing interest.

Awards. I want awards.

See it.

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...