Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower (4.5)



(Trailer) 

I've been waiting to see this movie for months and finally got around to seeing it.

I am sad that I waited. This is one of the best movies of 2012. Easily. I haven't read the book so I have no comments about if the adaptation was good or not but I assume it was seeing how Stephen Chbosky (the author of the book) was also the screenwriter and director for the film. Can't complain there.

Logan Lerman (The Three Musketeers) was beyond amazing. I just...I cannot even believe it. I look forward to seeing LOTS of him in the future. Emma Watson (Harry Potter) was fantastic. She really blew me away in this role. Perfect fit. The surprise for me was Ezra Miller as I haven't seen much of him before. So well done. Everyone was great.

I loved the story. I wasn't prepared for the emotional turn of events and found myself broken hearted, crying, completely upset and wanted to reach into the movie and hug the characters. I didn't realize how sucked in I was and how much I had invested in the characters until the end. Then my world was rocked and put back together again.

Fantastic film. I don't understand why anyone would not like this movie. Unless, of course, you watch the trailer and think you yourself "wow, this doesn't look like a movie that I would like." If that is the case, don't watch it and save us all a rant about why you didn't like it.

Beautiful. Captivating. Emotional. Funny. Heart Felt. Everything I ever wanted and more. So much more.

Tiny thing: the beginning took a bit too long to get moving but once it did I completely forgot any bad thoughts for the rest of the movie.

4.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...