Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Searching for Sugar Man (4)



(Trailer) 

2012 documentary/biography by Malik Bendjelloul about the musician Rodriguez.

This is one of the most unbelievable stories ever told and is the man reason that everyone should watch this award winning documentary.

The movie starts a bit slow but it builds quickly and your interest is peaked from the very start all the way to the end (and after the movie when you start looking on Google and talking to other people about it).

That is also what's great about this movie - everyone who watches it has to talk about it and tells other people to watch it and so on and so forth just like the story (but I'll stop there so I don't give anything away).

I honestly don't know what else to say about it except that I think I would have found it even more amazing if I had grown up in South Africa and had heard of Rodriguez before. That was a big catch for me at first as I had never even heard of him so it took longer for me than usually to get into the documentary...once I did though, that was that.

Check it out. It is worth all of the hype.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...