Tuesday, March 26, 2013

She's the Man (3)



(Trailer)

2006 romcom by Andy Fickman starring Amanda Bynes and Channing Tatum (The Vow, The Son of No One).

When Viola's twin brother ditches school to go to London Viola posses as him so she can play on his school's soccer team but things start to get a complicated.

I really did not think that I would like this movie. The trailer does not do it justice and I'm glad that someone convinced me to watch it. Not only is it actually hilarious but it's the first time EVER that I have liked Channing Tatum in a movie...which is weird. I'm not entirely sure why I liked him except that he fit the role really well. Amanda Bynes was hilarious as a dude but just didn't cut it for me when things go serious.

This movie starts out corny but gets hilarious and good and then totally plummets off the deep end into a pool of corny lameness that it doesn't recover from. The one liners at the end are actually painful. The bulk of the movie was entertaining though and not quite as unoriginal as I thought. Maybe I would've liked it more if I actually like soccer at all...

Check it out if you have a bad cold and want to watch something that you didn't have to pay too much attention to and could chuckle at now and again. Just talking from first person scenarios here.

3/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...