Thursday, April 25, 2013

Million Dollar Hotel (2)



(Trailer) 

2000 drama/mystery by Wim Wenders (Pina).

A man jumps commits suicide off a run down hotel and an agent is brought in to find out if it was really murder and if so, who is the murderer.

This movie is weird. Not entirely enjoyable weird either...just weird.

The reason why I kept watching it - if only because of shock and a need to finish every movie I see - was the amazing performance by Jeremy Davies and Mila Jovovich (most of the time). Mel Gibson just sort of seemed like Mel Gibson with a stiff back. Not much going on there.

The story is strange. The characters are strange. There are some really amazing one liners and some good comic moments but generally it was just...strange. I didn't hate it but I cannot say that I would ever watch it again.

2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...