Thursday, April 25, 2013

Welcome to the Punch (4)



(Trailer) 

2013 action/crime by director Eran Creevy.

Jacob is forced to return to London to find the people trying to hurt his son. This is just the moment Max has been waiting for in order to get his revenge on the criminal who ruined his career as a detective.

I really liked this movie. I'm not sure why it didn't do so well at the box office but both James McAvoy (Trance, X-Men: First Class) and Mark Strong (The Guard, Zero Dark Thirty) were fantastic in this movie. Actually, that's the main reason to watch it I think - they worked so well together. It was pretty great to see that kind of connection on screen.

I enjoyed the characters. The story isn't as deep is it thinks it is but that doesn't matter because it is interesting. I thought that they had just the right about of action and didn't waste time on too many unnecessary shoot outs. I thought that the directing was good but I disliked how they kept flashing back to a point in time in the past (no spoilers) at times that it was obvious that that was what the characters were thinking about.

Solid action flick. Give you just what you need with an extra bonus of some good acting and an interesting story. Check it out!

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...