Saturday, May 18, 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness (4.5)



(Trailer) 

The sequel - directed by the fantastic J.J. Abrams (all hail).

Say it with me kids: Benedict Cumberbatch. Benedict Cumberbatch. Benedict Cumberbatch. Yes. And now remember that he is the best thing since things were invented and does everything with perfection.

I could go on and on but that about sums it up. HE BLEEPIN' ROCKS.

Okay. Good.

Chris Pine (This Means War, Rise of the Guardians) , Zachary Quinto, Anton Yelchin (Like Crazy, Fright Night), Zoe Saldana (Columbiana), Karl Urban (Dredd, Priest), Simon Pegg (Paul) and John Cho were all just as amazing as ever.

Actually, I take that back, Zachary Quinto really, really shines in this movie and I love him.

Action was amazing. 3D was awesome. My nerdy senses were tingling the entire time and I was happy as a (enter some sort of metaphor).

The main reason I am giving this a 4.5 instead of just a 5 is because when the credits rolled I wanted something more. I didn't feel as complete as I did (and still do) when the credits roll for the first film. Part of me knows that this is because they are going to smack me in the face in the 3rd movie but still...I paid money to see the second one and want it to be able to stand on it's own completely. It just sort of...ends. Meh.

Still loved it!

4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...